Mr. Mohan Gehani
Date of Birth:- January 20th 1938.
Place of Birth:- Karachi (Sind).
Educational qualifications: - MA.
- Published first short story in 1955 in Naeen Duniyan ( A progressive literary Magazine)
- Active participant in Sindhi Sahit Mandal (Sindhi writer’s organization at Bombay) and remained joint secretary for three years.
- Attended first Asian writers conference as a member of Sindhi delegation held at New Delhi in December 1956.
- Connected with SINDHIYAT MOVEMENT- A MOVEMENT TO PRESERVE Sindhi identity and inclusion of Sindhi language in 8th Schedule of Indian constitution. Actively participated in organizing All India Sammelans.
- Was one of the key persons behind starting of Socio-cultural- literary, weekly Sindhu Dhara. Continued to write stories, satires and articles for Naeen Duniyan and Sindhu Dhara.
- Attended numerous seminars at All India level and contributed Papers. Delivered key note addresses at number of seminars and presided over numerous occasions.
- Served as one of member of Jury of Sahitya Akademi awards - and MP Sindhi Sahitya Academy awards.
- Member of advisory board for Sindhi- Sahitya Akademi- New Delhi. (2007-12).
- Popata Pakdinde (Chasing Butterflies) Poetry.
- Sindh Jo Ithas-(Jhalkoon) (Glimpses of History of Sind). This book has been translated into Hindi as well in English. This book was awarded by National Council for Promotion of Sindhi Language.
- Ja Chityam Chit Mein (What I brooded over) A Book of literary essays.
- Muhinjo Nagar Kahido. (Where is my City?) Poetry.
- Sindhiyat Jo safar ( co-authored with Mr. Kirat Babani and Hari Pankaj ( An account of 50 years of Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli and Sahit Sabha- and about Sindhiyat movement).
- Ta kwaban Jo Chha Thindo (collection of Plays and ballets) Awarded by Sahitya Akademi -2011.
- Rina Pat Mein (Poetry).
- Monograph Poati Hiranadani In English under series Makers of Indian Literature Published by Sahitya Akademi (1913).
- Brittle ice- Sindhi poems by Mohan Gehani translated in English- Edited by Ms. Menka Shivdasani 2015 ( Published by Copper coin Publishing Pvt Ltd. Delhi.)
- Monograph on Prabhu Wafa (English) under the series Makers of Indian literature Published by Sahitya Akademi. (2015).
- Tiral Pkharial Pana ( Scattered Papers) in Sindhi. Published by Indian Institute of Sindhology Adipur- Kutch Gujrat. (1913).
- Desert Blooms Here ( English) An account of development of Kandala- Gandhidham- Adipur (E Book at sindhisangat.com Artcles/Books).
- Scripted two ballets Sindhudhara and Zala kadhen zera kadhen Zabara for Anila Sunder's dance troupe.
- Contributed to Encyclopedia of Indian Literature Published by Sahitya Akademi.
- Translated Sami's Shalokas with Ms. Menka Shivdasani for anthology published By Panguin Books.
- Desert Land to Home Land- in English (The land that could have been Sind – A narrative of establishment of Kandla, Gandhidham and Adipur) published by: Indian Institute of Sindology. Forward by Maharao of Kutch. ( 2015 )