Murij Manghnani, a humble natured and God-fearing man, possesses a charming, loving and chequered personality. He hails from Tando Adam in Sind where the Manghnanis owned Cotton Ginning & Pressing Factories. He came to Dubai in 1954 and joined International Traders (ME) Ltd., (ITL) which is a part of worldwide INTRA Group. Today he is at the helm of affairs as Group Chairman of Intra Group and its Dubai set up, ITL Group.
Shri Murij is the Vice-Chairman of Al Razouki International Exchange Co. LLC., Dubai, operating under the management of Canara Bank, India.
In spite of being very actively involved in business, Shri . Murij is also associated with many social and cultural organizations in India and abroad. A founder member of Indian High School and Indian Sports Club, Dubai, Shri Murij has remained Chairman of both the institutions for a full period of two terms. He has also been elected as President of Indian Association, a powerful social organization of Indians in Dubai.
Shri Murij has the enviable reputation of being a great philanthropist. He has magnanimously supported all the noble causes of Sindhi community like education, social and other humanitarian services. But the Sindhi language and culture are very dear to his heart. In the field of literature and culture, his contribution is noteworthy which can be judged from the fact that he is connected with various literary/cultural and social organizations:
- He is a Chief Patron of Akhil Bharat Sindhi Boli and Sahit Sabha, oldest Sindhi All India Organisation of Writers and Artists. He has instituted an annual award of Rs.25,000/- for important literary work. This award was started in the year 1982.
- He has been associated with Indian Institute of Sindhology, Adipur since inception and is Chairman of Board of Trustees of Sindhology and Bharati Sindhu Vidhyapeeth.
- He is Chief Patron and moving spirit behind Sindhu Youth Circle, Ulhasnagar, which among many other socio-cultural activities, run a Gymkhana under the name of "Murij Manghnani Gymkhana".
- He is the Trustee of Trust established for the welfare of Sindhi Writers and Artists, and is connected with Sita Sindhu Bhavan, Prof. Ram Panjwani Culture and literary Centre.
- He is Chief Patron of "We Care Trust", Thalassaemia Prevention & Screening Centre, Mumbai.
Needless to add that he is moving spirit behind every Sindhi Cultural activity in Dubai.
Shri. Murij is a social figure, who is well-known and popular among local and expatriate communities of Dubai.