Sindhi Sangat is a non-profit organization of repute registered in Mumbai. It was founded in the year 2000 to create awareness of and to promote Sindhi language, culture and heritage.
In absence of a Sindhi state, our community is widely scattered. It is our endeavor to create a virtual bond amongst stateless Sindhi community and to unite them the virtual platform of the internet and media. Our activities include TV Productions, Music Videos, Webcasts, Sindhi Learning Programs and related applications for Computers, Mobiles and on the Internet.
Some notable activities of Sindhi Sangat:
Sindhi Cultural Events: To make the community fully aware of their rich culture and diverse heritage, Sindhi Sangat has been organizing events in Dubai for over 16 years. Prominent Sindhi artists from all over the globe come together on one stage to enthrall the audience through dances, songs, drama etc.
DD Sindhi - 24 Hour Sindhi TV Channel: In recognition of the importance of Visual Media, Sindhi Sangat has made undying efforts for a 24-hour DD Sindhi Channel from the Government of India and pursued the same with vigor at the highest levels of the Government along with leading Sindhi Organizations, Associations and prominent Sindhi leaders. After pursuing the demand for 7 years, we have finally filed a writ petition in Delhi High Court. the Hon. Court has ordered I & B Ministry and Doordarshan to file an affidavit why this has not been done.
Sindhi Telefilms and Music Videos: Sindhi Sangat has been produced over 250 Sindhi TV programs in various genres like comedy, drama, thrillers, suspense, romantic, emotional, documentaries, interviews and many have been telecast on DD Gujarati and DD India in past 5 years. Most of our Audio books / Sindhi films / Music Videos are available for free download from Sindhi Sangat website www.sindhisangat.com.
Internet & Social Media Presence: Keeping in tune with current trends, Sindhi Sangat explores every internet media channel like YouTube, Facebook & Twitter to reach out to scattered Sindhi community. We have over 270 videos on Youtube promoting Sindhi music & culture, with over 3.2 million hits.
Sindhi Saathi:www.sindhisaathi.org Sindhi Saathi is a unique initiative to bring Sindhis together on a common Internet platform. The members provide information on Sindhi Cultural, Social, Educational and Charitable activities of the various Sindhi organizations in the cities they live in, which helps the Sindhi groups to connect as well to contribute towards building a useful database that is freely available on the internet.
Audio Books: For those on the run, or who can not read Sindhi, Sindhi Sangat has produced over 200 stories, plays and poems in audio format, available for free download from their website.
Sindhi Learning & Educational Projects: Sindhi schools having closed down in India, learning our rich and dear mother-tongue has become difficult. We have planned and executed following projects in this context:
1."Lets Learn Sindhi” CD ROM: A user friendly, computer based Sindhi Learning Program "Lets Learn Sindhi" in cooperation with the ‘Indian Institute of Sindhology’ is a unique Sindhi Learning CD Rom, available for free download from our website www.sindhisangat.com
2. www.learnsindhi.com is a platform designed with help of educationists, teachers and learning institutions for learning Sindhi on the internet. We plan to make this a fully-fledged program for "Online Learning of Sindhi".
3. Learn Sindhi - Mobile App: Anyone can learn Sindhi on mobile, while free or traveling in quick, easy and interesting way. Download free app from APP Store.
4. Sindhi Idioms & Proverbs: Sindhi idioms and proverbs with examples and meanings in audio/video format is our latest addition in effort to preserve the jewels of extraordinarily rich and proud Sindhi literature.
5. Sindhi thro Edutainment: In collaboration with Sindhi Schools, we are promoting “Kids Speak Sindhi” through Nursery Rhymes & animated stories in Sindhi, having produced Panchtantra stories in Sindhi and Nursery Rhymes. We also are recording new nursery rhymes in Sindhi in audio & video formats.
6. Sindhi competitions are being organized to involve the Sindhi kids & parents. Recent International competition of Nursery Rhymes recitation receive overwhelming response with 20 winners awarded IPad mini tablets and Certificates of appreciation for all participants. The other ongoing competition is Sindhi Story telling competition for the children aged between 6 years and 14 years. In addition, we have announced ‘Make-A-Video Contest’ for Sindhi youngsters aged 15 to 25 years inviting them to create videos based on our 15 new Sindhi songs for children.